Bible in English [electronic resource].
- Uniform Title
- Bible. English.
- Cambridge, UK ; Alexandria, VA, USA : Chadwyck-Healey, ©1996.
- Physical description
- p. ; cm.
Search this database
- Chadwyck-Healey, Inc.
- West Saxon (Gospels)
- Holy Bible, containing the Old and New Testaments, with the Apocryphal books ... / John Wycliffe
- Pentateuch, Jonah and New Testament / William Tyndale
- Biblia, the Bible ... / Miles Coverdale
- Great Bible
- The Byble, that is to say all the holy Scripture / Thomas Matthew
- Bishops' Bible
- Rheims Douai
- Geneva Bible
- King James Bible
- New Testament / Daniel Mace
- Holy Bible and New Testament translated from the Latin Vulgate / Richard Challoner
- New Testament / John Wesley
- New Testament / John Worsley
- Holy Bible / Noah Webster
- New Testament / Leicester Ambrose Sawyer
- Twentieth Century New Testament
- New English Bible
- Good News Bible with Deuterocanonicals/Apocrypha.
- ["\" ... contains twenty-one different versions of the English Bible. In addition to twelve complete Bibles, there are five texts that comprise New Testaments only, two that contain just the Gospels, and William Tyndale's translations of the Pentateuch, Jonah and New Testament.\""]
- Supplemental links
- Publication date
- Title from welcome screen (viewed Sept. 13, 2004).
- Particular emphasis has been placed on the Renaissance period, but texts from the whole chronological range are included, selecting those versions that are thought to most closely represent the contemporary language.
- Text of each version is supplied in full.
- Access restricted to licensed institutions.
- Contents also available on the World Wide Web as part of: Literature online.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Related Work
- Literature online.