19th century English-language journals from the Far East [electronic resource].
- Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (14,094 images).
- Archives unbound.
- A compilation of rare English journals published inside and outside China before 1911
- The China review : or notes and queries on the Far East (1872-1901)
- Indo-Chinese gleaner (1817-1822).
- This collection provides researchers with six rare English-language journals, five of which were founded by Western missionaries in the Far East in the 19th century, covering a wide range of topics such as East-West communication, Christianity in China and other parts of Asia, and China's political, economic, and cultural landscape.
- Publication date
- Archives unbound
- Date range of documents: 1817-1901.
- Reproduction of originals from the National Library of China Press.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, 2012. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Included Work
- Canton miscellany.
- Chinese miscellany.
- The Chinese and Japanese repository.
- Notes and queries on China and Japan.
- The China review : or notes and queries on the Far East.
- Indo-Chinese gleanet.