TRENDS 1991 [electronic resource] : A compendium of data on global change
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. ; Oak Ridge, Tenn. : distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1991
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (694 p. ) : digital, PDF file.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Researcher
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Sponsor
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information. Distributor
- Sepanski, R.J. Author
- Boden, T.A. Author
- Stoss, F.W. Author
- This document is a source of frequently used global-change data. This second issue of the Trends series expands the coverage of sites recording atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO₂) and methane (CH₄), and it updates records reported in the first issue. New data for other trace atmospheric gases have been included in this issue; historical data on nitrous oxide (N₂) from ice cores, modern records of atmospheric concentrations of chlorofluorocarbons (CFC-11 and CFC-12) and N₂O, and estimates of global estimates of CFC-11 and CFC-12. The estimates for global and national CO₂ emissions from the burning of fossil fuels, the production of cement, and gas flaring have been revised and updated. Regional CO₂ emission estimates have been added, and long-term temperature records have been updated and expanded. Data records are presented in four- to six-page formats, each dealing with a specific site, region, or emissions species. The data records include tables and graphs; discussion of methods for collecting, measuring, and reporting the data; trends in the data; and references to literature that provides further information. All data appearing in the document are available on digital media from the Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center.
- Carbon Dioxide.
- Chlorinated Aliphatic Hydrocarbons.
- Fluorinated Aliphatic Hydrocarbons.
- Greenhouse Effect.
- Compiled Data.
- Historical Aspects.
- Nitrous Oxide.
- Fossil Fuels.
- Temperature Measurement.
- Air Pollution.
- Atmospheric Chemistry.
- Geophysical Surveys.
- Regional Analysis.
- Global Aspects.
- Environmental Sciences.
- Publication date
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- " esd--3746"
- Sepanski, R.J.; Boden, T.A.; Stoss, F.W.
- Topical; 12/01/1991 - 12/01/1991
- Funding information