Quick selection guide to chemical protective clothing
- Krister Forsberg (Lidingo, Stockholm, Sweden), Ann Van den Borre (Liedekerke, Brussels, Belgium), Norman Henry III (Newark, Delaware, USA), James P. Zeigler (Richmond, Virgina, USA).
- Sixth edition.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 260 pages : illustrations ; 13 x 22 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP149 .F67 2014||In-library use|
- Preface vii Acknowledgments ix SECTION I Introduction to the Quick Selection Process 1 How to Use This Guide 1 SECTION II Selection and Use of Chemical Protective Clothing 5 Chemical Resistance of Protective Clothing What Does It Mean and How to Evaluate It 5 Standards and Requirements Related to CPCs 10 The Selection Process 15 Correct Use, Care, Maintenance, and Disposability of CPCs 25 Create Your Own Checklist 28 SECTION III Chemical Index 31 Chemical Class Numbers 31 Chemical Names 32 Synonyms 32 Chemical Abstract Service Number CAS # 32 Risk Codes 33 Chemical Warfare Agents 35 SECTION IV Selection Recommendations 111 Color Codes Used in the Tables 111 Introduction to the Trade Name Table 113 Important Notes 117 Barriers Related to the Master Chemical Resistance Table 129 Important Notes Related to the Master Chemical Resistance Table 131 SECTION V Glossary 231 SECTION VI Standards for Chemical Protective Clothing 249 ASTM Standards (http://www.astm.org/COMMITTEE/F23.htm) 249 NFPA Standards (http://www.nfpa.org) 252 EN Standards (http://www.cen.eu) 253 ISO Standards (http://www.iso.org) 255 SECTION VII Manufacturers of Chemical Protective Clothing 257.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118567708 20180530
- Publisher's Summary
- Quick Selection Guide to Chemical Protective Clothing provides the reader with the latest information on Selection, Care and Use of Chemical Protective garments and gloves. Topics in the widely-used reference guide include Selection and Use of Chemical Protective Clothing, Chemical Index, Selection Recommendations, Glossary, Standards for Chemical Protective Clothing, Manufactures of Chemical Protective Clothing and European requirements for chemical resistant gloves. The key feature of the book is the color-coded selection recommendations. The red, yellow or green indications are highly appreciated by the users. This sixth edition of the Quick Selection Guide to Chemical Protective Clothing has been updated, to include approximately 1,000 chemicals/chemical brands or mixture of chemicals more than twice the information provided in the original edition. The performance of 9 generic materials and 32 proprietary barriers are compared against the 21 standard test chemicals listed in ASTM F1001. The color-coded recommendations against the broader list of materials now contain 27 representative barrier materials. This best selling pocket guide is the an essential field source for HazMat teams, spill responder, safety professionals, chemists and chemical engineers, industrial hygienists, supervisors, purchase agents, salespeople and other users of chemical protective clothing.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118567708 20180530
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781118567708 (paperback)
- 1118567706 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: