LANL PDMLink Product Structure Implementation [electronic resource]
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory ; Oak Ridge, Tenn. : distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2012
- Los Alamos National Laboratory. Researcher
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information. Distributor
- Scully, Christopher J. [Los Alamos National Laboratory] Author
- Over the past 2 and a half years LANL has done both functionality exploration as well as production implementations of PDMLink Product Structure to control the configuration of many of the LANL Design Agency Products. Based on this experience LANL has been recommending for over a year that future product structure implementation in PDMLink do not use the two digit suffix in the number field of enterprise parts (or WTParts). The suffix will be part of one of the attributes for Part Number. Per the TBP's the two digit suffix represents a change in form, fit, or function in a part or a change in the production agency or a number of other conditions. It also denotes backward compatibility with earlier suffixed parts (see TBP 402 section 3.1).
- Publication date
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Scully, Christopher J. [Los Alamos National Laboratory].
- Funding Information