Spin alignment of vector mesons in non-central A+Acollisions [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. ; Oak Ridge, Tenn. : distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2004
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Sponsor
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information. Distributor
- Wang, Xin-Nian Author
- Liang, Zuo-Tang Author
- Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley NationalLaboratory, Berkeley, CA (US) Researcher
- National Natural ScienceFoundationof China 10175037 and 10440420018 Sponsor
- We discuss the consequence of global polarization of the produced quarks in non-central heavy-ion collisions on the spin alignment of vector mesons. We show that the alignment is quite different for different hadronization scenarios. These results can be tested directly by measuring the vector mesons' alignment through angular distributions of the decay products with respect to the reaction plane. Such angular distributions will give rise to azimuthal anisotropy v₂ of the decay products in the collision frame. Constraints provided by the data on the azimuthal anisotropy of hadron spectra at RHIC points to a quark recombination scenario of hadronization.
- Publication date
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- ": KB0301020"
- Physics Letters B 629 1 FT
- Wang, Xin-Nian; Liang, Zuo-Tang.
- Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley NationalLaboratory, Berkeley, CA (US)
- National Natural ScienceFoundationof China 10175037 and 10440420018
- Funding Information