A Gravity Dual of Metastable Dynamical Supersymmetry Breaking [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. ; Oak Ridge, Tenn. : distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2008
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (27 pages) : digital, PDF file.
- ["Metastable, supersymmetry-breaking configurations can be created in flux geometries by placing antibranes in warped throats. Via gauge/gravity duality, such configurations should have an interpretation as supersymmetry-breaking states in the dual field theory. In this paper, we perturbatively determine the asymptotic supergravity solutions corresponding to D3-brane probes placed at the tip of the cascading warped deformed conifold geometry, which is dual to an SU(N+M) x SU(N) gauge theory. The backreaction of the antibranes has the effect of introducing imaginary anti-self-dual flux, squashing the compact part of the space and forcing the dilaton to run. Using the generalization of holographic renormalization to cascading geometries, we determine the expectation values of operators in the dual field theory in terms of the asymptotic values of the supergravity fields."]
- Publication date
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Journal of High Energy Physics (JHEP) FT
- Kachru, Shamit; DeWolfe, Oliver; Mulligan, Michael.
- Funding Information