Always faithful, always forward : the forging of a Special Operations Marine
- Dick Couch.
- First edition.
- New York : Berkley Caliber, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxxii, 320 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Couch, Dick, 1943- author.
Established in 1986, the U.S. Special Operations Command was set up to bring the special operational disciplines of all branches of the military under a single, unified command to act on missions involving unconventional warfare, special reconnaissance, foreign internal defense, and direct action...The Marine Special Operations Command ("MARSOC") is the newest component of the military's shift toward a fully integrated Special Operations Command structure. At first, the Marines were strongly against any Marines serving under anyone other than another Marine. Then 9/11 happened. In the years following, Marine forces found themselves growing more agreeable to inter-branch operational command, finally forming the Marine Special Operations Command in 2006. Always Faithful, Always Forward follows the journey of a class of Marine candidates from their recruitment, through assessment and selection, to their qualification as Marines Special Operators. Retired Navy Captain Dick Couch has been given unprecedented access to this new command and to the individual Marines of this exceptional special-operations unit, allowing him to chronicle the history and development of the Marine Special Operations Command and how they find, recruit, and train their special operators.
(source: Nielsen Book Data) 9780425268605 20160618
- United States. Marine Special Operations Command > History > 21st century.
- United States. Marine Corps > Officers > Training of.
- United States. Marine Corps > Physical training.
- Commando troops > Training of > United States.
- Special operations (Military science) > United States > History > 21st century.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Forging of a Special Operations Marine
- Includes index.
- 9780425268605 paperback
- 0425268608 paperback
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: