Handbook of global media research
- Ingrid Volkmer.
- 1st ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Handbooks in communication and media.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Front Matter
- Introduction / Ingrid Volkmer
- History of Transnational Media Research. Comparative Research and the History of Communication Studies / John D H Downing
- Global Media Research and Global Ambitions / Cees J Hamelink
- Global Media Research / Graham Mytton
- Re-Conceptualizing Research across Globalized Network Cultures. Media and Hegemonic Populism / Jan Nederveen Pieterse
- Digitization and Knowledge Systems of the Powerful and the Powerless / Saskia Sassen
- Media Cultures in a Global Age / Nick Couldry, Andreas Hepp
- Deconstructing the ₃Methodological Paradox₄ / Ingrid Volkmer
- Footprints of the Global South / Lisa Parks
- Securitization and Legitimacy in Global Media Governance / Katharine Sarikakis
- Emerging Transnational News Spheres in Global Crisis Reporting / Maria Hellman, Kristina Riegert
- The ₃Global Public Sphere₄ / Kai Hafez
- Supra- and Sub-National Spheres: Researching Transnational Spaces. Middle East Media Research / Dina Matar, Ehab Bessaiso
- Media Industries and Policy in Digital Times / Rodrigo G̤mez Garc̕a
- Methodological Pluralism / Umi Khattab
- ₃Citizen Access to Information₄ / Gerry Power, Samia Khatun, Klara Debeljak
- India and a New Cartography of Global Communication / Daya Kishan Thussu
- What is Governance? Citizens' Perspectives on Governance in Sierra Leone and Tanzania / Vipul Khosla, Kavita Abraham Dowsing
- Forced Migrants, New Media Practices, and the Creation of Locality / Saskia Witteborn
- Identifying Spheres of Comparison in Globalized Contexts. Researching the News Agencies / Oliver Boyd-Barrett
- Global Internets / Gerard Goggin
- Media, Diaspora, and the Transnational Context / Myria Georgiou
- Post-colonial Interventions on Media, Audiences, and National Politics / Ramaswami Harindranath
- Media Research and Satellite Cultures / Christina Slade, Ingrid Volkmer
- Stardust in the Audience's Eyes / Eva Flicker
- Comparative Research and Contexts of Challenges. Lost, Found, and Made / Klaus Bruhn Jensen
- Finding Yourself in the Past, the Present, the Local, and the Global / Ruth Teer-Tomaselli, Lauren Dyll-Myklebust
- Europe / Claes H de Vreese, Rens Vliegenthart
- The Global₆Local in News Production Tales from the Field in the ₃Shoes₄ of Journalists / Lisbeth Clausen
- ₃Africa Talks Climate₄ / Anna Godfrey, Miriam Burton, Emily LeRoux-Rutledge
- Organizing and Managing Comparative Research Projects across Nations / Frank Esser, Thomas Hanitzsch
- Benefits and Pitfalls of Comparative Research on News / Akiba A Cohen.
- "Bringing together the perspectives of more than 40 internationally acclaimed authors, The Handbook of Global Media Research explores competing methodologies in the dynamic field of transnational media and communications, providing valuable insight into research practice in a globalized media landscape. Provides a framework for the critical debate of comparative media research Posits transnational media research as reflective of advanced globalization processes, and explores the role and responsibility this bestows it with Articulates the key themes and competing methodological approaches in a dynamic and developing field Showcases the perspectives and ideas of 30 leading internationally acclaimed scholars Offers a platform for the discussion of crucial issues from a variety of theoretical, methodical and practical viewpoints"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Handbooks in communication and media
- 9781118255278 (electronic bk.)
- 1118255275 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118255261 (electronic bk.)
- 1118255267 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118255292 (electronic bk.)
- 1118255291 (electronic bk.)