An excavation, a reading (before the statue of Endymion)
- Rick Myers.
- [Easthampton, Mass. : Rick Myers, 2013]
- Physical description
- 1 v. : ill. (some mounted) ; 24 cm + 1 flash drive
Also available at
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|N7433.4 .M94 E93 2013||In-library use|
- Myers, Rick.
- Supplemental links
- Video excerpt
- Included Work
- Cavafy, Constantine, 1863-1933 Before the statue of Endymion.
- Publication date
- "This book documents An excavation / a reading (before the statue of Endymion), a video piece exhibited within a purpose-built pavilion in the gardens of Plato's Academy, Athens, for Visual Dialogues 2013. Organized by the Onassis Cultural Centre to mark the 150th anniversary of the birth, and 80th anniversary of the death of the poet, C.P. Cavafy. ... Artwork, production photographs, documents and video © 2013 Rick Myers."--Title page verso
- Black cloth binding features a mounted photograph on the front cover.
- Book and flash drive (a LaCie 64GB XtremKey) both housed in a black cloth-covered clamshell case (26 cm.), with a surrounding printed paper band. Flash drive contains the video piece which the book is about, with translations read by Peter Gizzi, production photography by Rick Myers and Jeromie Whalen, video-camera and sound engineering by Jeromie Whalen, and post production by Rick Myers and Tom Adams.
- Audiovisual materials are not available in original format, and have been reformatted to a digital use copy. Access to digital content is restricted to the Special Collections Reading Room. In order to access this content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Flash drive has been removed for digital media capture and rehoused with small computer media.
Browse related items
Start at call number: