Elià [sound recording]
- Gerasimos Tsandoulas. Trois chansons de Noël ; L'amour de moy s'y est enclose / Frank Martin. Neruda songs / Alice Shields.
- [Greenville, Me.] : Opus One, [between 1981 and 1984]
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Contemporary music on records.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|OPUS ONE 83||In-library use|
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Contemporary music on record
- The 1st work is a rhapsody for soprano and piano; the 3rd work an arrangement of a French medieval song.
- Title of Shields work on container: Six songs from poems of Pablo Neruda.
- The Tsandoulas work sung in Greek (text by Lorèntzos Mavìlis); the Martin works sung in French (texts of the 1st by Albert Rudhardt); the Shields work sung in English (translated from the original Spanish by Alastair Reid or Ben Belitt).
- "This recording is made possible, in part by the Alice M. Ditson Fund, and through public funds from the New State Council on the Arts"--Container.
- Durations: 11:33; 5:44; 2:15; 14:14.
- Program notes, and texts of the songs (text of the 1st work in Greek and romanized Greek)--on container.
- Series statement on container: Contemporary music on record.
- Johana Arnold, soprano ; Yolanda Liepa, piano (1st and 3rd works) ; Teresa Aiello Gerber, flute (2nd work) ; Steven R. Gerber, piano (2nd work) ; André Emelianoff, violoncello (4th work).
- Included Work
- Trois chansons de Noël
- 3 chansons de Noël
- Chansons de Noël
- Amour de moy s'y est enclose
- Neruda songs
- Six songs from poems of Pablo Neruda
- 6 songs from poems of Pablo Neruda
- Songs from poems of Pablo Neruda
- Publisher Number
- 83 Opus One