Multidimensional perspectives on principal leadership effectiveness
- Kadir Beycioglu and Petros Pashiardis, editor.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pa., 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- PDFs (480 pages).
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Principal preparation: the case of novice principals in Turkey / Kadir Beycioglu, Helen Wildy
- Reinventing principal preparation in Illinois: a case study of policy change in a complex organization / Angeliki Lazaridou
- Analysis of the tasks of school principals in secondary education in Catalonia: case study / Georgeta Ion, Marina Tomàs, Diego Castro, Esther Salat
- Considering Latin American school management from a skills-based perspective / Joaquín Gairín, Miren Fernández-de-Álava, Aleix Barrera-Corominas
- Qatar's educational reform: critical issues facing principals / Michael H. Romanowski
- School leadership and pedagogical reform: building student capacity / Shirley O'Neill
- Becoming a principal: exploring perceived discriminatory practices in the selection of principals in Jamaica and England / Paul Miller
- Principals' understandings of education based on research: a Swedish perspective / Maj-Lis Hörnqvist
- Individual differences and educational leadership / Anna Kanape-Willingshofer, Sabine Bergner
- New methods exploring facial expressions in the context of leadership perception: implications for educational leaders / Savvas Trichas
- Emotional intelligence and political skill really matter in educational leadership / Nikoletta Taliadorou, Petros Pashiardis
- Teacher leadership: a conceptual analysis / Servet Özdemir, Ali Çagatay Kilinç
- Exploring distributive leadership in South African public primary schools in the Soweto region / Raj Mestry, Suraiya R Naicker
- Continuous change in educational organizations / Yasar Kondakci, Merve Zayim, Kadir Beycioglu
- Transformational leadership and principals' innovativeness: are they the "keys" for the research and innovation oriented school? / Jasmin-Olga Sarafidou, Efstathios Xafakos
- Exploring the impact of school leadership on student learning outcomes: constraints and perspectives / Andreas Kythreotis, Panayiotis Antoniou
- The relationship between emotional competence and instructional leadership and their association with learner achievement / Bennie Grobler.
Exceptional management skills are crucial to success in educational environments. As school leaders, principals are expected to effectively supervise the school system while facing a multitude of issues and demands. Multidimensional Perspectives on Principal Leadership Effectiveness combines best practices and the latest approaches in school administration and management. Exploring the challenges faced by principals, as well as the impact of new managerial tactics being employed, this book is a comprehensive reference publication for policymakers, academicians, researchers, students, school practitioners, and government officials seeking current and emerging research on administrative leadership in educational settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781466665927 electronic
- 9781466665910 print
- 9781466665941 print & perpetual access