Common core mathematics standards and implementing digital technologies [electronic resource]
- Drew Polly, editor.
- Hershey, Pa. : IGI Global (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA), c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (386 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Core math tools: supporting equitable implementation of the common core state standards for mathematics / Christian Hirsch ... [et al.]
- Supporting mathematical communication through technology / Chandra Hawley Orrill, Drew Polly
- Implementing common core state standards using digital curriculum / Michelle Rutherford
- A framework for TPACK action research / P. Mark Taylor
- Fostering mathematical competence through technology-enhanced interactive environments / Azita Manouchehriazi
- Using technology to engage students with the standards for mathematical practice: the case of DGS / Milan Sherman
- The incorporation of Geometer's Sketchpad in a high school geometry curriculum / Lisa Ames, Heejung An, Sandra Alon
- Integrating digital technologies for spatial reasoning: using Google SketchUp to model the real world / D. Craig Schroeder, Carl W. Lee
- Design and implementation of computational modeling for learning mathematical concepts / Shelby P. Morge ... [et al.]
- PhET interactive simulations: new tools to achieve common core mathematics standards / Karina K. R. Hensberry ... [et al.]
- Do technologies support the implementation of the common core state standards in mathematics of high school probability and statistics? / Woong Lim, Dong-Gook Kim
- Sketchpad, TinkerPlots, and Fathom: using Dynamic Geometry software tools strategically / Karen Greenhaus
- Solving equations is all about balance: using virtual manipulatives in the middle school classroom / Robin Magruder, Margaret Mohr-Schroeder
- Two classroom portraits demonstrating the interplay of secondary mathematics teachers' TPACK on their integration of the mathematical practices / Jessica Taylor Ivy, Dana Pomykal Franz
- Supporting pattern exploration and algebraic reasoning through the use of spreadsheets / Ayhan Kursat Erbas ... [et al.]
- Common core standards for mathematical practice and TPACK: an integrated approach to instruction / Jayme Linton, David Stegall
- Supporting the common core state standards in mathematics through mathematics journals / Christie Martin, Drew Polly
- The impact of investigations and the interactive whiteboard on students' mathematical practice in investigations classrooms / Linda Boland
- LessonSketch: an environment for teachers to examine mathematical practice and learn about its standards / Patricio Herbst, Wendy Aaron, Vu Minh Chieu
- Supporting teachers' instrumental genesis with dynamic mathematical software / Sandra Madden
- A framework for developing robust online professional development materials to support teacher practice under the common core / Theodore Kopcha, Keri Duncan Valentine
- The use of digital resources to support elementary school teachers' implementation of the common core state standards / Amy Jensen Lehew, Drew Polly
- Digitizing students' voices: assessing mathematical justification / Christine Browning, Alden Edson, Diane Rogers
- TPACK pathways that facilitate CCSS implementation for secondary mathematics teacher candidates / Nathan Borchelt ... [et al.]
- Using the iPad to develop preservice teachers' understanding of the common core state standards for mathematical practice / Mary Grassetti, Silvy Brookby.
- Publisher's Summary
- Provides a critical discussion of educational standards in mathematics and how communication technologies can support the implementation of common practices across state lines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466640863 20160618
- Mathematics > Study and teaching.
- Educational technology.
- Computer-assisted instruction.
- Assessment techniques
- Best practices in mathematics
- Contemporary technologies
- Dynamic software applications
- PhET interactive simulations
- Technological support
- Technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge
- Technology-based assessments
- Web 2.0 tools
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781466640870 (ebook)
- 9781466640863 (hardcover)
- 9781466640887 (print & perpetual access)
- 1466640871 (ebook)
- 1466640863 (hardcover)
- 146664088X (print & perpetual access)
- 1299637787 (ebk)
- 9781299637788 (ebk)