Managing cognitive load in adaptive multimedia learning [electronic resource]
- Slava Kalyuga.
- Hershey, Pa. : IGI Global (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA), c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxiii, 311 p. : ill. : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Human Cognitive Processes
- Cognitive Load Theory
- The expertise Reversal Effect
- Assessment of Task-Specific Expertise
- Evaluation of Cognitive Load
- Managing Cognitive Load in Verbal and Pictorial Representations
- Managing Cognitive Load in Interactive Multimedia
- Managing Cognitive Load in Dynamic Visual Representations
- Optimizing Cognitive Load in Instructional Simulations and Games
- Tailoring Multimedia Environments to Learner Cognitive Characteristics
- Adapting Levels of Instructional Support to Optimize Learning Complex Cognitive Skills
- Adaptive Procedures for Efficient Learning.
- Publisher's Summary
This work offers theory- and research-based recommendations on information presentation techniques for multimedia and e-learning environments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Interactive multimedia.
- Instructional systems > Design.
- Cognitive learning.
- Short-term memory.
- Adaptive multimedia learning
- Aptitude-treatment interactions
- Cognitive architecture
- Cognitive load theory
- Cognitively efficient adaptive multimedia
- Domain knowledge in cognitive processes
- Dual-modality presentations
- Dynamic visual representations
- Expertise reversal effect
- Human cognitive processes
- Instructional design implications
- Instructional efficiency
- Instructional simulations and games
- Interactive learning environments
- Learning complex cognitive skills
- Multimedia instructional design implications
- Multimedia redundancy effect
- Rapid diagnostic assessment approach
- task-specific expertise
- Publication date
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781605660493 (ebook)
- 1605660493 (ebook)
- 9781605660486 (hardcover)
- 1605660485 (hardcover)
- 9781616925666 (softcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: