Three lions and the cross of Lorraine : Bartholomaeus Anglicus, John of Trevisa, John Tate, Wynkyn de Worde, and De proprietatibus rerum : a leaf book, with essays
- by Howell Heaney, Lotte Hellinga, Richard Hills.
- Newtown, Pa. : Bird & Bull Press, 1992.
- Physical description
- 40 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, facsimiles, sample ; 32 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|(no call number)||In process|
- Bartholomaeus Anglicus and his De proprietatibus rerum ; Wynkyn de Worde and his edition of De proprietatibus rerum / Howell Heaney
- John Tate and his paper : England's first paper mill / Richard Hills
- Wynkyn de Worde's illustrations of Bartholomaeus Anglicus' De proprietatibus rerum / Lotte Hellinga
- Facsimiles of the woodcuts of De proprietatibus rerum
- A leaf from De proprietatibus rerum.
- Publication date
- On the first English book printed on English paper.
- "138 copies ... have been printed"--Colophon.
- Leaf from De proprietatibus rerum in mylar folder at end.
- Related Work
- Anglicus, Bartholomaeus, active 13th century. De proprietatibus rerum.
- United States -- Pennsylvania -- Newton.