Ka moʻolelo o Hiʻiakaikapoliopele : ka wahine i ka hikina a ka lā, ka uʻi palekoki uila o Halemaʻumaʻu
- haʻi ʻia iho e Hoʻoulumāhiehie ; unuhi ʻia a paʻi hou ʻia mai e M. Puakea Nogelmeier.
- Hawaiian, English. In Hawaiian and English in separate volumes.
- Centennial edition.
- Honolulu, Hawaiʻi : Awaiaulu Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 2 volumes : color illustrations ; 32 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.1-
Library has: 1-
GR110 .H3 H66 2006 F
Note: Copy 2.
|GR110 .H3 H66 2006 F V.1||In-library use|
|GR110 .H3 H66 2006 F V.2||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Title of English translation: Epic tale of Hiʻiakaikapoliopele : woman of the sunrise, lightning-skirted beauty of Halemaʻumaʻu
- Two volume set issued in a slipcase. One volume consists of the original Hawaiian, first published 1905-1906. The other volume is an English translation with title: The epic tale of Hiʻiakaikapoliopele : woman of the sunrise, lightning-skirted beauty of Halemaʻumaʻu / as told by Hoʻoulumāhiehie ; translated by M. Puakea Nogelmeier.
- "This two-volume Centennial edition ... was printed by The Studley Press in an edition limited to eight hundred copies. The type is Robert Slimbach's Minion, with Victor Hammer's Unziale. The paper is Monadnock Dulcet. Endpapers are reproduced from marbled paper hand-decorated by Peggy Skycraft. The tipped-in frontispiece is reproduced on translucent paper from kapa created by Puanani Van Dorpe. Illustrations are reproduced from original paintings and drawings by Solomon Enos. Three hundred copies, numbered 1-300, are hand-bound by Gregor Campbell, of The Campbell-Logan Bindery, in goatskin leather and moiré cloths and contained in a clam-shell box. Five hundred copies, numbered 1-500, are bound by Roswell Bookbinding in moiré cloth and contained in a slip case. Designed and produced by Barbara Pope Book Design. Numbered and signed by M. Puakea Nogelmeier and Solomon Enos."--Colophon.
- Includes indexes.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 2: Copy no. 118/300, signed by the translator and the illustrator. Binding: quarter green goatskin with pale green moiré cloth sides, gilt spine lettering, and gilt goatskin title label on front covers. Both volumes contained in a dark green moiré cloth-covered clamshell box with a gilt goatskin title label on the spine. Gift of: Awaiaulu: Hawaiian Literature Project.
- 9781883528331 (slipcased set : alk. paper)
- 188352833X (slipcased set : alk. paper)
- 9781883528324 (boxed set : alk. paper)
- 1883528321 (boxed set : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: