Snake : poem
- by David Herbert Lawrence ; with a translation into French by F.J. Temple ; mezzotints by Judith Rothchild.
- English, French. English and French.
- Octon : Verdigris, 2014.
- Physical description
- 9 folded leaves : color illustrations ; 14 x 31 cm
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|Z239.2 .V47 L39 2014||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Accordion folded.
- "... published in the form of a leporello in an edition of fifty. The poem is accompanied with 4 original mezzotints by Judith Rothchild printed on Hahnemühle paper by the artist. The hand-set letterpress in Ramses maigre was printed on an Adana 8x5 by Mark Lintott who also made the slipcases and boxes. Numbers one to ten the 'édition de tête' are presented in clamshell boxes with an ink wash drawing of a boa skin by Judith Rothchild. The first four also include one of the original copper plates. Numbers 11 to 50 are presented in slipcases. Number 50 is reserved for the Bibliothèque Nationale de France. All the books are numbered and signed on the colophon."--Colophon.
- Accordion folded in orange faux snakeskin-covered boards with grey cloth spine and orange faux snakeskin spine label. Ink wash drawing loose in grey paper-covered boards with grey cloth spine. Book, ink wash drawing and copper plate all held in clamshell box with orange faux snakeskin-covered front cover, green faux snakeskin back cover, green cloth spine with orange faux snakeskin label and black cloth sides.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: No. 2/50; signed by the artist and the printer. With ink wash drawing of a boa skin in a board folder, and an original copper plate.
- Included Work
Browse related items
Start at call number: