Essentials of college algebra
- Margaret L. Lial (American River College), John Hornsby (University of New Orleans), David I. Schneider (University of Maryland), Callie J. Daniels (St. Charles Community College).
- Eleventh edition.
- Student edition.
- Boston : Pearson, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations ; 29 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA154.3 .L546 2015||Unknown|
- R. Review of Basic Concepts. R.1 Sets R.2 Real Numbers and Their Properties R.3 Polynomials R.4 Factoring Polynomials R.5 Rational Expressions R.6 Rational Exponents R.7 Radical Expressions
- 1. Equations and Inequalities 1.1 Linear Equations 1.2 Applications and Modeling with Linear Equations 1.3 Complex Numbers 1.4 Quadratic Equations 1.5 Applications and Modeling with Quadratic Equations 1.6 Other Types of Equations and Applications 1.7 Inequalities 1.8 Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
- 2. Graphs and Functions 2.1 Rectangular Coordinates and Graphs 2.2 Circles 2.3 Functions 2.4 Linear Functions 2.5 Equations of Lines and Linear Models 2.6 Graphs of Basic Functions 2.7 Graphing Techniques 2.8 Function Operations and Composition
- 3. Polynomial and Rational Functions. 3.1 Quadratic Functions and Models 3.2 Synthetic Division 3.3 Zeros of Polynomial Functions 3.4 Polynomial Functions: Graphs, Applications, and Models 3.5 Rational Functions: Graphs, Applications, and Models 3.6 Variation
- 4. Inverse, Exponential, and Logarithmic Functions. 4.1 Inverse Functions 4.2 Exponential Functions 4.3 Logarithmic Functions 4.4 Evaluating Logarithms and the Change-of-Base Theorem 4.5 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations 4.6 Applications and Models of Exponential Growth and Decay
- 5. Systems and Matrices 5.1 Systems of Linear Equations 5.2 Matrix Solution of Linear Systems 5.3 Determinant Solution of Linear Systems 5.4 Partial Fractions 5.5 Nonlinear Systems of Equations 5.6 Systems of Inequalities and Linear Programming 5.7 Properties of Matrices 5.8 Matrix Inverses Glossary Solutions to Selected Exercises Answers to Selected Exercises Index of Applications Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Essentials of College Algebra, Eleventh Edition, by Lial, Hornsby, Schneider, and Daniels, develops both the conceptual understanding and the analytical skills necessary for success in mathematics. With the Eleventh Edition, the authors have adapted and updated the program for the evolving student, New co-author Callie Daniels brings her experience with traditional, hybrid, and online courses, to create a suite of resources to support today's learners. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMathLab does not come packaged with this content. MyMathLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMathLab, search for: 0321912152 / 9780321912152 Essentials of College Algebra Plus NEW MyMathLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of 0321431308/ 9780321431301 MyMathLab -- Glue-in Access Card 0321654064 / 9780321654069 MyMathLab-- Inside Star Sticker 032191225X/ 9780321912251-- Essentials of Algebra, Eleventh Edition.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Includes indexes.
- 032191225X (student edition)
- 9780321912251 student edition
- 0321912748 (annotated instructor's edition)
- 9780321912749 (annotated instructor's edition)
Browse related items
Start at call number: