Immunity of heads of state and state officials for international crimes
- by Ramona Pedretti.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
- Physical description
- xix, 488 pages ; 25 cm.
- Developments in international law ; v. 69.
- Pedretti, Ramona, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -462) and index.
- Introduction to the immunity of heads of state and other state officials
- The immunity of heads of state and other state officials as rules of customary international law
- Immunity of heads of state and other state officials from the criminal jurisdiction of a foreign state
- Immunity of heads of state and other state officials from international or internationalised criminal jurisdiction
- Interdependency between immunity from criminal jurisdiction of a foreign state and immunity from international criminal jurisdiction
- Conclusion on immunity of heads of state and other state officials under contemporary customary international law
- Ultra vires action and individual criminal responsibility
- The principle of universal jurisdiction and the obligation aut dedere aut judicare
- The character of jus cogens norms and the international ordre public
- Conclusion on the relationship between principles relating to crimes pursuant to international law and immunity of heads of state and other state officials.
- Publisher's Summary
- Ramona Pedretti offers a comprehensive assessment of customary law rules on immunity of Heads of State and other State officials in the context of crimes pursuant to international law and their relationship with core principles of international law.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004287761 20160617
- Publication date
- Developments in international law, 0924-5332 ; volume 69
- Based on author's thesis (doctoral)--University of Lucerne, 2013.
- 9789004287761 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9004287760 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9789004287778 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: