Immunity of heads of state and state officials for international crimes
- by Ramona Pedretti.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
- Physical description
- xix, 488 pages ; 25 cm.
- Developments in international law ; v. 69.
- Pedretti, Ramona, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -462) and index.
- Introduction to the immunity of heads of state and other state officials
- The immunity of heads of state and other state officials as rules of customary international law
- Immunity of heads of state and other state officials from the criminal jurisdiction of a foreign state
- Immunity of heads of state and other state officials from international or internationalised criminal jurisdiction
- Interdependency between immunity from criminal jurisdiction of a foreign state and immunity from international criminal jurisdiction
- Conclusion on immunity of heads of state and other state officials under contemporary customary international law
- Ultra vires action and individual criminal responsibility
- The principle of universal jurisdiction and the obligation aut dedere aut judicare
- The character of jus cogens norms and the international ordre public
- Conclusion on the relationship between principles relating to crimes pursuant to international law and immunity of heads of state and other state officials.
- Publisher's Summary
- Ramona Pedretti offers, for the first time, a comprehensive assessment of the rules of customary international law relating to immunity of Heads of State and other State officials in the context of crimes pursuant to international law and their relationship with core principles of international law. The book gives the reader a full picture of this topical issue which is located at the heart of today's development of international law. It contains an in-depth evaluation of a vast amount of relevant material, ranging from domestic laws to judicial decisions of domestic and international courts. The fact that the International Law Commission is deliberating the issue with a view to drafting an international treaty underscores the book's importance and timeliness.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004287761 20190128
- Publication date
- Developments in international law, 0924-5332 ; volume 69
- Based on author's thesis (doctoral)--University of Lucerne, 2013.
- 9789004287761 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9004287760 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9789004287778 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: