IDP : 2043
- Barroux, Hannah Berry, Kate Charlesworth, Dan McDaid, Pat Mills, Denise Mina, Will Morris, Adam Murphy, Mary Talbot and Irvine Welsh.
- Glasgow : Freight Books, 2014.
- Physical description
- 171 pages : ill. (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Barroux author, artist.
- Berry, Hannah, 1982- author, artist.
- Charlesworth, Kate, author, artist.
- McDaid, Dan author, artist.
- Mills, Pat author, artist.
- Mina, Denise author, artist.
- Morris, Will (Illustrator), author, artist.
- Murphy, Adam, author, artist.
- Talbot, Mary, author, artist.
- Welsh, Irvine author, artist.
- Publisher's summary
A graphic novel in collaboration with the Edinburgh International Book Festival to mark its 30th anniversary, IDP (short for 'internally displaced person or persons') imagines a Scotland 30 years in the future. Six teams of major names in European comics and graphics novels collaborate on a single narrative. Celebrated French graphic novelist and illustrator Barroux, Costa Award short-listed Mary Talbot and artist Kate Charlesworth, 'grandfather of British comics' and co-creator of 2000AD Pat Mills and graphic novelist Hannah Berry, enfant terrible of Scottish letters and author of Trainspotting Irvine Welsh and graphic artist Dan McDaid, graphic novelists Adam Murphy and Will Morris, have been brought together by story editor, crime writer and graphic novelist, Denise Mina. The story follows the catastrophic effects of a small rise in sea levels on the county's heavily populated low lying areas and how society reimagines itself in the face of a huge population shift in a world of scarce resources.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781908754639 hbk.
- 190875463X hbk.
- 978190754646 ebk
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: