Orthotics & prosthetics in rehabilitation [digital]
- [edited by] Michelle M. Lusardi, Milagros "Millee" Jorge, Caroline Nielsen.
- 3rd ed.
- St. Louis, Mo. : Elsevier Saunders, ©2013.
- Physical description
- online resource (xii, 851 pages) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Orthotics and prosthetics in rehabilitation : multidisciplinary approach
- Aging and activity tolerance : Implications for orthotic and prosthetic rehabilitation
- Motor control, motor learning, and neural plasticity in orthotic and prosthetic rehabilitation
- An evidence-based approach to orthotic and prosthetic rehabilitation
- Clinical assessment of gait
- Materials and technology
- Footwear : foundation for lower extremity orthoses
- Foot orthoses
- Principles of lower extremity orthoses
- Orthotic decision making in neurological and neuromuscular disease
- Orthoses for knee dysfunction
- -Orthoses in orthopedic care and trauma
- Orthoses for spinal dysfunction
- Orthoses in the management of hand dysfunction
- Splinting, orthoses, and prostheses in the management of burns
- Adaptive seating in the management of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal impairment
- Etiology of amputation
- Wound care for vulnerable feet
- Amputation surgeries for the lower limb
- Postoperative and preprosthetic care
- Understanding prosthetic feet
- Postsurgical management of partial foot and the syme amputation
- Transtibial prosthetics
- Transfemoral prostheses
- Prosthetic options for persons with high-level and bilateral lower-limb amputation
- Early rehabilitation in lower-extremity dysvascular amputation
- Advanced rehabilitation for people with microprocessor knee prostheses
- Athletic options for persons with amputation
- Rehabilitations for children with limb deficiencies
- Prosthetic options for persons with upper-extremity amputation
- Rehabilitation for persons with upper-extremity amputation.
- The most comprehensive physical therapy text available on the topic, Orthotics & Prosthetics in Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition, is your one-stop resource for clinically relevant rehabilitation information. Evidence-based coverage offers essential guidelines on orthotic/prosthetic prescription, pre- and post-intervention gait assessment and outcome measurement, and working with special populations. Whether you are a student or a clinician, this text provides the strong foundation in and appreciation for the field of orthotics and prosthetics that will give you the critical skills needed when working with this unique client population. Inside you'll find: comprehensive coverage of rehabilitation in a variety of environments, including acute care, long-term care, home health care, and outpatient settings; authoritative information from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd edition is incorporated throughout to keep you up to date with the recognized standard in the field; WHO International Classification of Function model provides consistent language and an international standard to describe and measure health and disability from a biopsychosocial perspective; case studies present real-life scenarios that demonstrate how key concepts apply to clinical decision making and evidence-based practice; and a visually appealing 2-color design and a wealth of tables and boxes highlight vital information for quick reference and ease of use. New to this edition: NEW! Chapter on athletics after amputation exploring advanced training and athletics, including running and athletic competition, to enhance the quality of life for persons with amputation; NEW! Chapter on the high risk foot and wound healing helps you recognize, treat, and manage wounds for the proper fit and managemnt of the patient; NEW! Chatper on advanced prosthetic rehabilitation provides more thorough rehabilitation methods beyond the early care of persons learning to use thier prostheses; updated photos and illustration reflect current clinical practice; and updated chapters covering assessment of gait with a focus on clinically useful outcome measures, motor control and motor learning incorporating new insights into neuroplasticity and functional recovery, and a NEW integrated chapter on lower extremity orthoses that assist in clincial decision making about the best options for your patients.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Orthotics and prosthetics in rehabilitation [digital]