The Old South in the crucible of war : essays
- by Emory M. Thomas ... [et al.] ; edited by Harry P. Owens, James J. Cooke.
- Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, c1983.
- Physical description
- x, 110 p. ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reckoning with rebels / Emory M. Thomas
- The failure of Confederate nationalism : the Old South's class system in the crucible of war / Paul D. Escott
- Self-interest and the decline of Confederate nationalism / Lawrence N. Powell and Michael S. Wayne
- Many thousands gone : Black southerners and the Confederacy / Leon F. Litwack
- Did the Confederacy change the southern soldiers? / Michael Barton
- The dimensions of continuity across the Civil War / Thomas B. Alexander.
- Publication date
- Papers from the Seventh Annual Chancellor's Symposium on Southern History, held at the University of Mississippi, 1981 and sponsored by the Dept. of History, University of Mississippi.
- 0878051929 (pbk.)
- 9780878051922 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: