For greater glory [videorecording] : the true story of Cristiada
- ARC Entertainment ; Dos Corazones Films ; a NewLand Films production ; directed by Dean Wright ; written by Michael Love ; produced by Pablo José Barroso.
- English, Spanish. Blu-ray disc: English or Spanish dialogue with optional Spanish subtitles; optionally subtitled in English for the hearing impaired., DVD videodisc: English or Spanish dialogue with optional Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Santa Monica, CA : distributed by ARC Entertainment, 
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (150 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Wright, Dean, 1967- Director
- Love, Michael (Michael James) Author of screenplay
- Barroso, Pablo Jose. Producer
- Garcia, Andy Actor
- Isaac, Oscar Actor
- Sandino Moreno, Catalina, 1981- Actor
- Cabrera, Santiago. Actor
- Kuri, Mauricio. Actor
- Blades, Rubén Actor
- Greenwood, Bruce, 1956- Actor
- Verástegui, Eduardo, 1974- Actor
- McGill, Bruce, 1950- Actor
- Longoria, Eva, 1975- Actor
- O'Toole, Peter, 1932-2013 Actor
- Horner, James Composer
- New Land Films (Firm)
- Dos Corazones Films.
- ARC Entertainment (Firm)
- "An impassioned group of men and women risk everything for family, faith and the very future of their country--as the film's adventure unfolds against the long-hidden, true story of the 1920s Cristero War--the daring people's revolt that rocked 20th century North America. ... General Gorostieta, the retired military man who at first thinks he has nothing personal at stake as he and his wife ... watch Mexico fall into a violent civil war. yet the man who hesitates in joining the cause will soon become the resistance's most inspiring and self sacrificing leader, as he begins to see the cost of religious persecution on his countrymen--and transforms a rag-tag band of rebels into a heroic force to be reckoned with"--Container.
- Cristero Rebellion, 1926-1929 > Drama.
- Church and state > Mexico > History > 20th century > Drama.
- Freedom of religion > Mexico > History > 20th century > Drama.
- Mexico > History > 1910-1946 > Drama.
- Cristero Rebellion (1926-1929)
- Church and state.
- Freedom of religion.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Greater glory
- True story of Cristiada
- Blu-ray disc and DVD contain the feature film and special features.
- Videodisc release of the 2012 motion picture.
- "Blu-ray + DVD"--Container.
- Special features include the featurette The true story of the Cristeros.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Eduardo Martínez Solares ; film edited by Richard Francis-Bruce, Mike Oden Jackson ; music by James Horner.
- Andy Garcia, Oscar Isaac, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Santiago Cabrera, Mauricio Kuri, Rubén Blades, Bruce Greenwood, Eduardo Verastegui, Bruce McGill, Eva Longoria, Peter O'Toole.
- Rating: R; for war violence and some disturbing images.
- Blu-ray disc; widescreen, enhanced for widescreen TVs; 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1; requires Blu-ray player.
- DVD, region 1; widescreen, enhanced for widescreen TVs; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- Included Work
- True story of the Cristeros.
- Publisher Number
- 82554 ARC Entertainment
Browse related items
Start at call number: