Georeferenced maps of Africa [electronic resource]
Also available at
- Corporate Author
- Stanford Geospatial Center
- Supplemental links
- View this collection in EarthWorks
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale varies. (W 025.4--E 063.8/N 037.5--S 047.1)
- The collection contains georeferenced maps selected from Stanford University Libraries Maps of Africa Collection. Stanford’s Maps of Africa Collection became a major research resource in August of 2001 with the acquisition of the Oscar I. Norwich Collection of Maps of Africa and its islands, 1486 – ca. 1900. This acquisition added 316 maps to Stanford’s existing holdings of Maps of Africa. The collection nearly doubled in size in 2010 with the purchase of 294 maps from Caroline Batchelor. In 2011 a small set of maps was acquired from Rodney Shirley. In addition, Stanford currently has digital maps from the Barry Lawrence Ruderman Collection, the David Rumsey Map Collection, and the University of Cape Town Collections.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- System requirements: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software that reads GeoTIFF format.