The governance of climate relations between Europe and Asia : evidence from China and Vietnam as key emerging economies
- edited by Hans Bruyninckx ... [et al.].
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2013.
- Physical description
- xx, 318 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Leuven global governance.
- Bruyninckx, Hans, 1964-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction.: Governing climate relations between Europe and Asia in a restructuring world order / David Belis, Hans Bruyninckx, Qi Ye and Nguyen Quang Thuan
- Pt. I.:The European Union, China and the global governance of climate change
- The increasingly complex nature of EU-China climate relations / Hans Bruyninckx and Qi Ye
- China, the European Union and global environmental governance : the case of climate chnage / David Belis and Simon Schunz
- Explaining the development of China's renewable energy policies : comparing wind and solare power / Sarah Van Eynde and Chang Pei-fei
- Cap or tax? : exploring the potential for a carbon tax or emissions trading in China / Kris Bachus and Cao Jing
- The governance of the CDM in China : achievements and deficiencies / David Belis, Bui Viet Hung and Nguyen Bich Thuan
- Pt. II.:EU-Vietnam climate relations : a study of the clean development mechanism
- The role and dynamics of the clean development mechanism in EU-Vietnam climate relations / David Belis
- The Vietnamese regulatory framework for the clean development Mechanism / Nguyen Quang Thuan and Tran Thi Thu Huyen
- Public-private partnerships in CDM implementation in Vietnam / Dinh Thi Ngoc Bich and Sarch Van Eynde
- Opportunities and challenges for Vietnamese enterprises involved in the CDM / Nguyen An Ha and Dang Minh Duc
- Case-study of Vietnamese hydropower CDM projects : shortcomings and barriers / Sarah Van Eynde, Lieven De Smet and Nguyen An Ha
- Pt. III.:Conclusion
- The governance of climate relations between Europe and Asia in the "pivotal decade" (2010-2020) : evidence from China and Vietnam / David Belis and Hans Bruyninckx.
The Governance of Climate Relations between Europe and Asia offers a thorough empirical study of the most fundamental dynamics involved in EU climate relations with China and Vietnam in the context of global climate governance. This book presents a study of the most important governance processes in current EU - Asia climate relations. It focuses on in-depth empirical case studies, offering a comprehensive relational perspective. Contributions on China cover the most essential issues, interests and actors, while the inquiry of EU - Vietnam relations mainly focuses on the Clean Development Mechanism as the main channel of bilateral climate action. This landmark study will appeal to both policymakers and practitioners faced with the extraordinary task of managing the increasingly complex and multilevel interactions of current EU - Asia climate relations as well as global carbon market watchers and professionals dealing with emissions trading in the European Union, China and Vietnam. It will also be of interest to scholars and postgraduate students of international relations, Chinese and EU foreign policy, global environmental and climate governance and international law.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Leuven global governance
- 9781781955987 (cloth)
- 1781955980 (cloth)
- 9781781955994 (e-book)
- 1781955999 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: