Murder on the Orient Express ; Lady Caroline Lamb
- Lady Caroline Lamb. Caroline (1:21) ; Honeymoon in Italy (3:59) ; Caroline and Byron (2:48) ; Byron's march (1:22) ; The banquet (1:12) ; William returns home (1:24) ; The temple (2:16) ; The ride (:40) ; William and Caroline (5:31) ; End music (1:41)
- Lady Caroline Lamb : elegy for viola and orchestra (16:31)
- Murder on the Orient Express. Overture (2:08) ; Kidnapping (3:23) ; Stamboul ferry (1:01) ; The Orient Express (11:12) ; The body (1:43) ; Remembering Daisy (1:20) ; Entr'acte (3:38) ; Princess Dragomiroff (1:03) ; The knife (1:24) ; Prelude to murder (3:50) ; The murder (3:39) ; Finale (4:35).
- Included Work
- Container of: Bennett, Richard Rodney Murder on the Orient Express. Selections.
- Container of: Bennett, Richard Rodney Lady Caroline Lamb. Selections.
- Container of: Bennett, Richard Rodney Elegy for Caroline Lamb.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- British composers
- The 2nd work is a suite for viola and orchestra, based on the film music.
- 1st-2nd works originally released by Angel, p1972; 2nd work originally released by Capitol, p1974.
- Peter Mark, viola (2nd work) ; New Philharmonia Orchestra (1st-2nd works) ; Richard Rodney Bennett, piano (3rd work) ; Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden (3rd work) ; Marcus Dods, conductor.
- 1st work recorded 1972 July 24-26 Denham Film Studios.
- 2nd work recorded 1972 September 12 No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London.
- 3rd work recorded 1974 August 2-4 CTS Studios, Wembley.
- Publisher Number
- 0724358618853 EMI Classics