Second verse, same as the first : the 2012 presidential election in the South
- edited by Scott E. Buchanan and Branwell DuBose Kapeluck.
- Fayetteville, Ark. : University of Arkansas Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- xviii, 286 pages : ill., map ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Second Verse, Same as the First is a volume of essays covering the 2012 election as it played out in the eleven former states of the Confederacy. The essays are organized by state and emphasize the presidential campaign, but each state chapter also includes analysis on notable congressional races and important patterns at the state level.Interesting patterns in the South and their implications for the balance of power between the two major parties are analysed. Additional chapters cover the issues that dominated voter decision making and the nomination process. Second Verse, Same as the First is a necessity for academics, journalists, and political enthusiasts seeking a deeper understanding of contemporary changes in southern electoral politics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- 2nd verse, same as the first : the 2012 presidential election in the South
- 2012 presidential election in the South
- "The Citadel Symposium on Southern Politics."
- "The Diane D. Blair Center of Southern Politics and Society."
- 9781557286482 (pbk.)
- 1557286485 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: