Larry Sitsky Piano Roll Catalog Collection
- circa 1905-1940.
- Physical description
- 24 linear ft. (24 boxes)
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
- Sitsky, Larry, collector.
- This collection primary includes 250 bound volumes of photocopied catalogs, and over 80 volumes of original catalogs, from player piano companies such as Ampico, Artecho, Duo-Art, Hupfeld, Philips, Pleyel, QRS, Welte-Mignon and others. The collection was complied by the noted Australian composer and pianist, Larry Sitsky during the writing of his noted publication, The Classical Reproducing Piano Roll: A Catalogue Index. This comprehensive rollography represents years of work documenting all known reproducing piano rolls of classical music ever issued. The collection is an invaluable bibliographic resource for anyone researching the publishing of piano rolls.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive of Recorded Sound for assistance.
- Cite as
- Larry Sitsky Piano Roll Catalog Collection, ARS.0169. Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, CA.
- Property rights reside with repository. Publication and reproduction rights reside with the creators or their heirs. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Head Librarian of the Archive of Recorded Sound.
- Purchase; 2014.
Browse related items
Start at call number: