Academic language in diverse classrooms : English language arts, grades K-2 : promoting content and language learning
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, A SAGE Company, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xx, 178 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
LB1528 .A33 2014
- Unknown LB1528 .A33 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword by Douglas Fisher Preface Acknowledgments About the Editors 1. Academic Language: A Centerpiece for Academic Success in English Language Arts by Margo Gottlieb and Gisela Ernst-Slavit Examples From the CCSS for English Language Arts of Related Academic Language 2. Kindergarten: A Window Into My Family and Community by Gabriela Cardenas, Barbara Jones, and Olivia Lozano 3. Grade 1: Bombarding Students With Informational Texts: Writing Across the Curriculum by Eugenia Mora-Flores 4. Grade 2: Developing Academic Language Through Ecosystems by Sandra Mercuri and Alma D. Rodriguez Glossary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Increasingly as important to educators as the Common Core State Standards, the new national anchor for curriculum, instruction and assessment have set a high bar of rigorous and challenging content. While most educational researchers and practitioners agree that that mastery of academic language is the key to students' academic success, many teachers are not well-versed in its major components and need to learn how to integrate them into curriculum and instructional assessment. One of a seven book series, this text gives guidance to educators in how to target academic language in planning for student learning. It provides a concise, logical, and practical approach to identifying grade-level academic language associated with the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts, academic content standards, as well as English Language Proficiency Standard, to readily incorporate into teaching and learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Margo Gottlieb, Gisela Ernst-Slavit, series editors ; foreword by Douglas Fisher.
- Promoting content and language learning
- 9781452234779 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1452234779 (pbk. : alk. paper)