Pedagogy of commitment
LC196 .F455 2014
- Unknown LC196 .F455 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Paulo Freire's presence at the Universidad Nacional of San Luís
- Speech : I feel happy and challenged
- Seminars on critical pedagogy : Critical pedagogy practice
- Elements of the educative situation
- The struggle never ends, but is reinvented : participants' questions and Paulo Freire's answers
- Media interview : The confrontation is not pedagogical, but rather political
- Interviews with Boris Bezena
- Not afraid of loving
- Educating for freedom
- Years of Sandinista popular revolution
- Dialoguing with Paulo Freire seminar
- Popular education in Latin America : contextualization and possibilities within transition processes
- Popular education in Paraguay : our questions to Freire
- On education, politics, and religion
- Dialogue about education, television, and social change.
- Publisher's Summary
- This first English translation of Pedagogy of Commitment takes readers deep into the acts and meaning of living a life of community and social commitment. Paulo Friere discusses how, for teachers specifically, this commitment is not only to students, to the underprivileged, or to the education of those who speak a different language, but to the transformation of the self to become more deeply responsive to the needs of social transformations. More than any other Freire book, this speaks directly and plainly to the lives of individuals and to teachers. It is an inspiring and passionate call from a global giant of progressive education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Critical pedagogy.
- Publication date
- Paulo Freire ; translated by David Brookshaw and Alexandre K. Oliveira.
- Series in Critical Narrative
- 9781594519727 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1594519722 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781612053493 (library ebook)
- 1612053491 (library ebook)