Strong performers and successful reformers in education : lessons from PISA for Korea
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Paris, France : OECD Publishing, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 199 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Strong performers and successful reformers in education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.3 .O64 2014||Unknown|
- Corporate Author
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development author.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. Strong performers, successful reformers: Korea
- 2. Viewing education in Korea through the prism of PISA
- 3. Supplementary education in East Asia
- 4. Shanghai and Hong Kong-China: learning to learn
- 5. Singapore: thinking ahead
- 6. Ontario: harnessing the skills of tomorrow
- 7.Finland: a non-competivive education for a competitive economy
- 8. Policy lessons for Korea.
- The story of Korean education over the past 50 years is one of remarkable growth and achievement. Korea is one of the top performing countries in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) survey and among those with the highest proportion of young people who have completed upper secondary and tertiary education. Korea is continuously exploring ways to improve its education system and has dramatically increased government investment in education over the last decade. Nevertheless, further reforms are needed to spur and sustain improvements. Rapid globalisation and modernisation are also posing new and demanding challenges to equip young people of today and tomorrow with skills relevant to the 21st century. The report ... aims at helping Korea to identify and address education policy challenges in an international perspective. To this end, it examines the Korean education system through the prism of PISA 2009, considers recent policy developments and suggests specific policy options to foster improvements. The report also provice an in-depth analysis of the experience of other high-performing countries.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Lessons from PISA for Korea
- Strong performers and successful reformers in education, 2220-363X
- 9789264190665 (print)
- 9789264190672 (pdf)
Browse related items
Start at call number: