English keyboard music c.1600-1625
- edited by Alan Brown.
- Staff notation.
- London : Stainer & Bell, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 score (xli, 197 pages) : 5 facsimiles ; 33 cm.
- Musica Britannica ; 96.
- Brown, Alan, 1941- editor.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Contains works by anonymous and named composers, including the complete keyboard works of Nicholas Carleton, the surviving twenty 'Miserere' canons by Thomas Woodson, and the anonymous "Pretty ways for young beginners to look on." Includes preludes, plainsong settings, voluntaries, dances and character pieces. Drawn from 22 manuscripts which mostly also transmit music by Byrd and other noted virginalists--Publisher's website.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- English keyboard music circa 1600-1625
- Musica Britannica : a national collection of music, 0580-2954 ; XCVI
- Preface in English, French, and German; introduction, editorial notes, and textual commentary in English.
- 9780852499375 (hd.bd.)
- 085249937X (hd.bd.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: