The missing link : teaching and learning critical success skills
- Steve Heisler.
- Lanham, Maryland ; Plymouth, United Kingdom : Rowman & Littlefield Education, a division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 126 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1590.3 .H46 2014||Unknown|
- Heisler, Steve, author.
- Preface Introduction Chapter 1: What is is, what it ain't Chapter 2: Three keys: facilitate, engage, communicate Chapter 3: We are a family, or we're through Chapter 4: Buying in is the easy part Chapter 5: A simple prescription for decision making: take these each day Chapter 6: Exercises and Outcomes I Chapter 7: Exercises and Outcomes II Afterword: In the End, Tomorrow Is All That Matters.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A glance at successful people reveals a simple truth: successful people employ successful habits. Yet in schools, amongst all of the information and all of the skills that are taught, few concern how to employ and internalize these key habits of success. These skills are expected, even demanded, but are rarely taught, at least not with the attention of whatever else is deemed critical learning. The Missing Link seeks to place such skills as persistence, self-regulation, decision making, time management, organization, and even the skill of appropriate "work-place social skills" into the strata of critically important learning. The Missing Link was written to help professional educators (as well as parents and others) employ straight-forward ways to teach success skills without adding to the enormous burdens they already shoulder. This book is a guide to teaching critical success skills in powerful ways by infusing them into the curriculum that is already in place. Teachers (and parents) just do what they usually do, but with a different focus to change outcomes and children's lives for the better.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781610489652 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610489659 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610489669 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610489667 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610489676 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: