Social and emotional well-being : a whole health curriculum for young children
- Connie Jo Smith, Charlotte M. Hendricks, Becky S. Bennett.
- Third edition.
- St. Paul, MN : Redleaf Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 73 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Growing, growing strong ; 4.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1140.5 .H4 S647 2014||Checked out - Overdue|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Learning to lead a healthy lifestyle begins during the early years. Part of the Growing, Growing Strong series, this body care curriculum includes activities and background information to help children develop lifelong healthy habits. Children's social and emotional skills form a critical foundation for learning and wellness that guide them into adulthood and influence how they deal with both successes and adversity in life. These activities support children as they learn about self-esteem, emotions and feelings, family and friends, and changes in life. This book includes An overview of the social and emotional well-being topics covered in the curriculum Suggested interest area materials and supports for creating the learning environment Learning objectives and vocabulary words Suggestions for evaluating children's understanding of each social and emotional well-being topic More than 30 classroom activities Family information and take-home activities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605542430 20160613
- Health education (Preschool) > United States.
- Health education (Elementary) > United States.
- Life skills > Study and teaching (Preschool) > United States.
- Life skills > Study and teaching (Elementary) > United States.
- Self-esteem in children > Study and teaching (Preschool) > United States.
- Self-esteem in children > Study and teaching (Elementary) > United States.
- Emotions > Study and teaching (Preschool) > United States.
- Emotions > Study and teaching (Elementary) > United States.
- Curriculum planning > United States.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Growing, Growing Strong: A whole health curriculum for young children series ; 4
- 9781605542430 (pbk.)
- 1605542431 (pbk.)