Professional development schools : creative solutions for educators
- JoAnne Ferrara.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 172 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2153 .F47 2014||Unknown|
- Ferrara, JoAnne, 1955- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 165-170).
- Preface Chapter 1: Making the Case for Collaboration Chapter 2: Historical Context of the Professional Development School Movement Chapter 3: So You are Thinking of Becoming a PDS Chapter 4: Backward Design: Job Embedded Professional Development in PDSs Chapter 5: A PDS with Unique Focus on Whole Child Education Chapter 6 : PDS: Making It Work from the Principal's Office Chapter 7: The Role of Leadership in the PDS Chapter 8: A National Perspective on the Current State of PDSs Chapter 9: PDS Action Steps Acknowledgements.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is intended as a guide for practitioners interested in forming alliances within their community to support teacher and student success. Under the umbrella of a professional development school (PDS), school principals willing to engage in this type of partnership have access to a framework for school renewal. Within this school/university framework lie four critical factors that transform the ways in which teachers' teach and schools' function. The professional development school model takes a holistic approach to revitalizing schools by sharing knowledge, resources, practices, and the collaborative efforts of P-12 educators and the higher education community. Through the collective wisdom of P-12 and university educators, PDSs provide a new way to think about teaching and a rich environment for learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475802863 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475802862 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475802870 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475802870 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475802887 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: