Digital technologies for school collaboration
- Anastasia Gouseti.
- First edition.
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 199 pages ; 23 cm.
- Palgrave Macmillan's digital education and learning series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1044.87 .G68 2014||Unknown|
- Gouseti, Anastasia, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 179-195) and index.
- Series Foreword 1. Web-based School Collaboration: the Promises and Problems 2. Digital Technologies in Education: New Tools for New Times? 3. Collaborative Experiences in Practice: Case Studies from the UK 4. Collaborative Experiences in Practice: Case Studies from Greece 5. The Bigger Picture: Understanding Web-based School Collaboration 6. Conclusions and Suggestions for Improving School Collaboration - Where Now?
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781137375735 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Web-based school collaboration has attracted the sustained attention of educators, policy-makers, and governmental bodies around the world during the past decade. This book sheds new light on this topical but ever so complex issue. Drawing on a wealth of theoretical and empirical work, it presents the various models of available school twinning programs and explores the cultural, political, and economic factors that surround the recent enthusiasm regarding collaborative initiatives. Moreover, the book critically examines teachers' and students' experiences of web-based school collaboration. In particular, it develops a realistic perspective of the range of challenges they face and identifies the host of technological and non-technological issues that can shape participation in collaborative programs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781137375735 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Palgrave Macmillan's digital education and learning
- 9781137375735 (hardback)
- 1137375736 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: