Sustained shared thinking in the early years : linking theory to practice
- Kathy Brodie.
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 123 pages ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.23 .B745 2014||Unknown|
- Brodie, Kathy, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 111-120) and index.
- 1. An introduction to Sustained Shared Thinking 2. How Sustained Shared Thinking can support the Characteristics of Learning 3. Sustained Shared Thinking in the Prime areas 4. Sustained Shared Thinking in the Specific Areas 5. The role of the practitioner and Key person 6. Environments to support Sustained Shared Thinking 7. Different ages, different requirements 8. Parents, carers and the home learning environment 9. Concluding thoughts.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415713436 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Used as a measure of quality in the ground-breaking Effective Provision of Pre-School Education (EPPE) project, Sustained Shared Thinking is fundamental to good early years practice. It costs nothing, yet research has shown that it improves outcomes for children by supporting their holistic development. This book clearly explains what Sustained Shared Thinking is and examines the skills and expertise needed to initiate, encourage and facilitate it. The book explores the attitudes, knowledge and understanding that a practitioner must adopt in order to start or develop successful Sustained Shared Thinking. Combining theory with practical guidance, it demonstrates how it can be achieved, covering all aspects of early years practice including the Characteristics of Effective Learning, the Prime and Specific Areas of learning development, the role of the practitioner, the environment and working with parents. Features include: * boxed links to key theory and research; * practical strategies highlighted in the text; * consideration of children at different ages and stages of development; * links throughout to the Early Years Foundation Stage. Written by a leading consultant who regularly delivers training on Sustained Shared Thinking, this will be an essential text for students on foundation degree and childhood studies courses as well as early years practitioners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415713436 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780415713429 (hardback)
- 0415713420 (hardback)
- 9780415713436 (pbk)
- 0415713439 (pbk)
- 9781315774497 (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: