Medicinal chemistry : the modern drug discovery process
- Erland Stevens.
- Boston : Pearson, c2014.
- Physical description
- xiii, 418 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Pearson advanced chemistry series
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|RS403 .S745 2014||Unknown|
- Stevens, Erland.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 A Brief History of Drug Discovery
- 2 The Modern Drug Process
- 3 A Trip through the Body
- 4 Enzymes as Drug Targets
- 5 Receptors as Drug Targets
- 6 Oligonucleotides as Drug Targets
- 7 Pharmacokinetics
- 8 Metaboism
- 9 Molecular Structure and Diversity
- 10 Lead Discovery
- 11 Lead Optimization- Traditional Methods
- 12 Lead Optimization- Hansch Analysis
- 13 Aspects in Pharmaceutical Synthesis.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Emphasizing applications of chemistry while reinforcing theory - especially in the areas of organic and physical chemistry - this new text prepares readers for career success in the pharmaceutical, medical, and biotech industries. Medicinal Chemistry: The Modern Drug Discovery Process delivers a comprehensive introduction to medicinal chemistry at an appropriate level of detail for a diverse range of readers. By highlighting the concepts and skills related to drug discovery, Stevens deepens readers' understanding of the knowledge and techniques necessary for their careers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data) 9780321710482 20160614
- Publication date
- 9780321710482 (Student edition)
- 0321710487 (Student edition)
Browse related items
Start at call number: