Group theory, combinatorics, and computing : International Conference in honor of Daniela Nikolova-Popova's 60th birthday, on Group Theory, Combinatorics and Computing, October 3-8, 2012, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- Robert Fitzgerald Morse, Daniela Nikolova-Popova, Sarah Witherspoon, editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- xii, 187 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) v. 611.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA164 .I5816 2012||Unknown|
- International Conference on Group Theory and Combinatorics (2012 : Boca Raton, Fla.)
- Morse, Robert Fitzgerald, editor.
- Nikolova-Popova, Daniela, 1952- editor.
- Witherspoon, Sarah J., 1966- editor.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- M. Bianchi, M. Herzog, and E. Pacifici - On the regularity of a graph related to conjugacy classes of groups: Small valencies R. Grigorchuk and D. Savchuk - Self-similar groups acting essentially freely on the boundary of the binary rooted tree C. Hering, A. Krebs, and T. Edgar - Non-symmetric lexicographic configurations T. Hurley - Algebraic structures for communications L.-C. Kappe - Finite coverings: A journey through groups, loops, rings and semigroups R. Laue - Decompositions of Kramer-Mesner matrices P. Longobardi, M. Maj, and D. J. S. Robinson - Recent results on groups with few isomorphism classes of derived subgroups J. Moori - Designs and codes from PSL 2 (q) B. Plotkin - Algebraic logic and logical geometry in arbitrary varieties of algebras P. Spiga and A. Zalesski - A uniform upper bound for the character degree sums and Gelfand-Graev-like characters for finite simple groups.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains the proceedings of the International Conference on Group Theory, Combinatorics and Computing held from October 3-8, 2012, in Boca Raton, Florida. The papers cover a number of areas in group theory and combinatorics. Topics include finite simple groups, groups acting on structured sets, varieties of algebras, classification of groups generated by 3-state automata over a 2-letter alphabet, new methods for construction of codes and designs, groups with constraints on the derived subgroups of its subgroups, graphs related to conjugacy classes in groups, and lexicographical configurations. Application of computer algebra programs is incorporated in several of the papers. This volume includes expository articles on finite coverings of loops, semigroups and groups, and on the application of algebraic structures in the theory of communications. This volume is a valuable resource for researchers and graduate students working in group theory and combinatorics. The articles provide excellent examples of the interplay between the two areas.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Combinatorial analysis > Congresses.
- Group theory > Congresses.
- Combinatorics -- Algebraic combinatorics -- Group actions on combinatorial structures.
- General algebraic systems -- Algebraic structures -- None of the above, but in this section.
- Group theory and generalizations -- Permutation groups -- Primitive groups.
- Group theory and generalizations -- Abstract finite groups -- Finite simple groups and their classification.
- Group theory and generalizations -- Structure and classification of infinite or finite groups -- Conjugacy classes.
- Group theory and generalizations -- Special aspects of infinite or finite groups -- Derived series, central series, and generalizations.
- Group theory and generalizations -- Special aspects of infinite or finite groups -- Geometric group theory.
- Group theory and generalizations -- Other generalizations of groups -- Loops, quasigroups.
- Geometry -- Finite geometry and special incidence structures -- Affine and projective planes.
- Information and communication, circuits -- Communication, information -- None of the above, but in this section.
- Publication date
- Contemporary mathematics ; 611
- 9780821894354 (alk. paper)
- 0821894358 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: