Sustaining the writing spirit : holistic tools for school and home
- Susan A. Schiller.
- Second edition.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowan & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 144 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1576 .S32535 2014
- Unknown LB1576 .S32535 2014
- Schiller, Susan A., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 137-142) and index.
- Foreword by John P. Miller Preface Chapter 1: Background and Important People Chapter 2: Creativity: A Holistic Route to Writing Chapter 3: Spirituality: The Core of Holistic Education Chapter 4: Sustaining Life - Education for Sustainability Chapter 5: Contemplating Great Things in Soul and Place Chapter 6: Walking in the Spirit of the Medicine Wheel: Learning to See What We Normally do not See Chapter 7: Mapping Art and Beauty to Solve Problems Chapter 8: Write Your Own Ending Chapter 9: The Connected Self Chapter 10: Visioning in Silent Community Chapter 11: Screenplay Writing Chapter 12: Info Commercial Chapter 13: Cave Art: Is it Literature? Is it Writing? Chapter 14: Finding Your Community's Literature Chapter 15: Creating a Life's Legacy Chapter 16: Music and Dance to Inspire the Pen Chapter 17: The Writer's Scrapbook Chapter 18: Voice and Identity: The Sound of Respect Chapter 19: Elements of the Local and Global: Water, Community, and Self Chapter 20: Writing the Outdoors: Three Days in Nature Appendix A: Interesting Schools Appendix B: Rhetorical Modes and Aims Appendix C: Annotated Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Sustaining the Writing Spirit: Holistic Tools for School and Home, second edition is aimed at all educators, at school or home, seeking non-traditional ways to enliven the growth potential of the whole learner. Schiller urges educators to accept a holistic orientation for learning -- one that combines the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual, with the intellect, rather than primarily basing learning on the intellect. Included are details on background, historical development, and philosophical explanations of holistic education, including a timeline of key people and ideas. This new edition also addresses sustainability and spirituality as the core of holistic learning, and the teaching activities provide context and processes for writing that encourage activating multiple intelligences. It also has a cross-disciplinary quality and could be used in a number of educational settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781610489560 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 161048956X (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610489577 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610489578 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610489584 (electronic : alk. paper)
- 1610489586 (electronic : alk. paper)