The ontological foundation of ethics, politics, and law
- Francesco Belfiore.
- Revised edition.
- Lanham, Maryland : University Press of America, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xx, 509 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Law Library (Crown)
|BJ1012 .B435 2013||Unknown|
- Belfiore, Francesco, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -482) and index.
- Premise : the basic ontological conception
- Private ethics : consciousness and moral thoughts, feelings, and acts
- Public ethics and political philosophy
- Public ethics and philosophy of law
- Concluding remarks.
- Publisher's Summary
- The revised edition of The Ontological Foundation of Ethics, Politics, and Law adds new concepts and discusses the views of additional thinkers. The author refers to his basic ontological conception of the human "mind" or "spirit" as an evolving, conscious, triadic entity composed of intellect, sensitivity, and power, each exerting a bidirectional (selfish and moral) activity. Through this approach, the notions of good, morality, society, and law are derived from the structure and functioning of the mind. It follows that the solutions presented are the results of a discovery and not the consequence of a choice. Otherwise stated, ethics, politics, and law are given an ontological foundation. For each topic considered, Belfiore shows how his thought can reinterpret the views of other philosophers. This new edition, enriched in concepts and quotations, appears as an innovative and highly stimulating contribution to the philosophical branches of ethics, politics, and law, and will be of interest to both graduate students and philosophy scholars.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761860709 20160613
- Publication date
- Other edition
- Revision of: Belfiore, Francesco. Ontological foundation of ethics, politics, and law. Lanham : University Press of America, c2007 ( 9780761836650 )
Browse related items
Start at call number: