Designing and implementing effective professional learning
- John Murray.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, A SAGE Company, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxiii, 226 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1731 .M868 2014||Unknown|
- Murray, John author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 213-221) and index.
- The need for change
- Effective teacher professional learning
- Context : building an atmosphere to support teacer learning
- Content: specifying the goals of professional learning activities
- Process: selecting specific activities and strategies
- Lesson study
- Critical friends
- School rounds
- Action research
- Peer coaching
- Online professional development
- Personal learning networks
- The challenges of introducing new forms of teacher professional learning
- A call to action.
- Publisher's Summary
- For sustained success, educators must commit to their own lifelong improvement. A clear correlation exists between level of focus on teacher professional development (PD) and student success. In this book, John Murray identifies the characteristics of effective professional learning, detailing eight strategies for planning, and executing, and evaluating PD programs. Content includes: * The proven "backward" approach to articulating the goals of your PD program * Descriptions of innovative and effective designs for professional learning such as Lesson Study and Instructional Rounds * Powerful approaches to designing and implementing online PD.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452257792 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781452257792 (alk. paper)
- 1452257795 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: