The risk of school rampage : assessing and preventing threats of school violence
- Eric Madfis.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
- Physical description
- x, 142 p. ; 23 cm.
- Palgrave pivot.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013.3 .M33 2014||Unknown|
- Madfis, Eric.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 117-139) and index.
- 1. Introduction 2. Assessing School Rampage 3. Confidence and Doubts about Assessing Rampage 4. Preventing School Rampage 5. Conclusion 6. Methodological Appendix.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781137401656 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Deadly school rampage shootings continue to plague society and inspire widespread fear, yet scant attention has been paid to averted incidents. Utilizing in-depth interviews conducted with officials directly involved in averting potential school rampages, this book explores the processes by which threats are assessed and school rampage plots are averted. By examining these averted incidents, this work addresses problematic gaps in school violence scholarship and advances existing knowledge about mass murder, violence prevention, bystander intervention, threat assessment, and disciplinary policy in school contexts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781137401656 20160614
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- School rampage : threats of school violence
- Palgrave pivot
Browse related items
Start at call number: