Water & light [electronic resource].
- English, Hebrew, Latin, Spanish. Sung in Hebrew, English, Spanish or Latin.
- Omaha, NE : Clarion, p2003.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Five Hebrew love songs (9:56) ; Cloudburst (8:59) ; I thank you God for most this amazing day (6:04) ; She weeps over Rahoon (4:50) ; Little birds (2:31) ; Water night (4:50) ; Sleep (4:28) / Eric Whitacre
- Agnus Dei / Edward Elgar-David Giardiniere (3:32)
- Hymn to the mother of God / John Tavener (2:26)
- There will be rest / Frank Ticheli (6:27)
- Ave Maria / Giancarlo Aquilanti (3:30)
- Tonight eternity alone / René Clausen (3:59)
- O magnum mysterium / Morten Lauridsen (6:33).
- Included Work
- Whitacre, Eric, 1970- Hebrew love songs.
- Whitacre, Eric, 1970- Cloudburst.
- Whitacre, Eric, 1970- Songs of faith. I thank you God for most this amazing day.
- Whitacre, Eric, 1970- She weeps over Rahoon.
- Whitacre, Eric, 1970- Little birds.
- Whitacre, Eric, 1970- Water night.
- Whitacre, Eric, 1970- Sleep.
- Elgar, Edward, 1857-1934. Variations on an original theme. Nimrod; arranged.
- Tavener, John. Hymns to the Mother of God. Hymn to the Mother of God.
- Ticheli, Frank, 1958- There will be rest.
- Aquilanti, Giancarlo, 1959- Ave Maria.
- Clausen, René, 1953- Tonight, eternity alone.
- Lauridsen, Morten, 1943- O magnum mysterium.
- Plitmann, Hila > Musical settings.
- Paz, Octavio, 1914-1998 > Musical settings.
- Cummings, E. E. (Edward Estlin), 1894-1962 > Musical settings.
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941 > Musical settings.
- Silvestri, Charles Anthony > Musical settings.
- Teasdale, Sara, 1884-1933 > Musical settings.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with string quartet.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with piano.
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Water and light
- Streaming audio.
- The 1st work for chorus with string quartet; the 2nd work for chorus with piano and percussion; the 4th work for chorus with piano and English horn; the 5th work for chorus with piano; all other works for unaccompanied chorus.
- Poetry by Hila Plitmann (1st work) ; Octavio Paz (2nd, 5th & 6th works) ; e.e. cummings (3rd work) ; James Joyce (4th work) ; Charles Anthony Silvestri (7th work) ; Sara Teasdale (10th work).
- Performed by the Choral Project ; with acc. musicians ; Daniel Hughes, artistic director and conductor.
- Recorded at Lincoln Glen Church, San José Mar. 1, 22, June 14 & Oct. 6, 2003 and at Holy Cross Church, Santa Cruz, Oct. 3, 2003.
- Publisher Number
- CLCD-909 Clarion