Encyclopedic dictionary of named processes in chemical technology
- Alan E. Comyns.
- Fourth edition.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Comyns, Alan E. author.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 385) and index.
- Foreword Acknowledgements Introduction Author Dictionary: A-Z Bibliography Appendix: Key to Products.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466567764 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Since the third edition of this reference was completed, there have been major changes in the global chemical industry. With less emphasis on new processes for making basic chemicals and more emphasis on pollution prevention and waste disposal, petrochemical processes are giving way to biochemical processes. These changes are reflected in the new processes being developed, many of which have their own names. In addition, niche improvements are still being made in petrochemistry, and some of these processes have new names as well. Gathering and defining a large portion of special named processes that may fall outside standard chemical texts or be scattered among industry manuals, Encyclopedic Dictionary of Named Processes in Chemical Technology, Fourth Edition provides a single-source reference on an extensive array of named processes. It provides concise descriptions of those processes in chemical technology that are known by special names that are not self-explanatory. While overviews of the chemical technology industry are present in other books, most of the names defined within this volume are unique to this compilation. This reference includes named processes in current commercial use around the world, processes that have been or are being piloted on a substantial scale, and even obsolete processes that have been important in the past. The length of the dictionary entries reflects their importance and topicality. The text includes references that document the origins of the processes and review the latest developments. Written by a highly experienced and respected author, this user-friendly text is presented in a practical dictionary format that is useful for a broad audience including industrial chemists and engineers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466567764 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Named processes in chemical technology
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: ( 9781466567764 (hardback : acid-free paper) )
- 9781466567771 (e-book : PDF)
- 1466567775 (electronic bk.)