The gamification of learning and instruction fieldbook : ideas into practice
- Karl M. Kapp, Lucas Blair, Rich Mesch.
- San Francisco, CA : Wiley, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxxviii, 441 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1029 .G3 K363 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Website Contents xvi Figures, Tables, and Exhibits xvii Foreword xxv About the Authors xxix About the Contributors xxxiii Chapter 1 How to Read and Use This Fieldbook 1 SECTION I: Getting Started Chapter 2 Why Games, Gamification, and Simulations for Learning? 13 Chapter 3 Game, Gamification, or Simulation: Which Is Best, When, Why? 35 Chapter 4 Critical Questions for Creating an Interactive Learning Event 67 SECTION II: Basic Elements Chapter 5 Foundational Elements 89 Chapter 6 The Importance of Narrative/Context/Story 103 Chapter 7 Making the Case 117 Chapter 8 Managing the Process 141 By Jim Kiggens Chapter Questions 141 SECTION III: Design Considerations Chapter 9 Where Do Find Ideas 179 Chapter 10 Games 199 Chapter 11 Gamification 219 Chapter 12 Simulations 249 SECTION IV: Development Chapter 13 Technology Tools 273 By Helmut Doll Chapter 14 Storyboarding 287 By Kevin Thorn SECTION V: Case Studies Chapter 15 The Knowledge Guru 305 By Sharon Boller Chapter 16 A Board Game: MPE 319 By Robert Bell Chapter 17 Mobile Gamification: Mobile Cricket U 333 By Robert Gadd Chapter 18 Serious Game: Learning to Negotiate 347 By Bryan Austin Chapter 19 Structural Gamification for On-Boarding Employees 359 By Mohit Garg Chapter 20 Medical Simulation 371 By Kevin R. Glover Chapter 21 Financial Game-Based Learning 391 By Andrew Hughes Chapter 22 Sales Training Game: An Avaya Case 399 By Anders Gronstedt Background 399 Glossary 405 Notes 417 Index 423 About ASTD 441.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Following Karl Kapp's earlier book The Gamification of Learning and Instruction , this Fieldbook provides a step-by-step approach to implementing the concepts from the Gamification book with examples, tips, tricks, and worksheets to help a learning professional or faculty member put the ideas into practice. The Online Workbook, designed largely for students using the original book as a textbook, includes quizzes, worksheets and fill-in-the-blank areas that will help a student to better understand the ideas, concepts and elements of incorporating gamification into learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Available in another form
- Online version: Kapp, Karl M., 1967- Gamification of learning and instruction fieldbook San Francisco, CA : Wiley,  ( 9781118677803 )
- 9781118674437 (pbk)
- 111867443X (pbk)
- 9781118677247 (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: