Dinosaurs and other reptiles from the Mesozoic of Mexico
- edited by Héctor E. Rivera-Sylva, Kenneth Carpenter, and Eberhard Frey.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 216 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm.
- Life of the past.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|QE861.9 .M49 D56 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contributors Acknowledgments Preface 1. History of the Discoveries of Dinosaurs and Mesozoic Reptiles in Mexico Jose Ruben Guzman-Gutierrez and Hector E. Rivera-Sylva 2. Paleogeography and Paleoenvironment of Mexico during the Mesozoic Wolfgang Stinnesbeck and Eberhard Frey 3. Turtles of the Mesozoic of Mexico Donald Brinkman 4. Mesozoic Lepidosauromorphs of Mexico: A Review and Discussion of Taxonomic Assignments Victor Hugo Reynoso and J. Alberto Cruz 5. Plesiosaurs, Reptiles between Grace and Awe Eberhard Frey and Wolfgang Stinnesbeck 6. Mexican Ichthyosaurs Eberhard Frey and Wolfgang Stinnesbeck 7. Overview of Mesozoic Crocodyliforms from Mexico Gerardo Carbot-Chanona 8. Mexican Pterosaurs--Rare Jewels in the Fossil Record Eberhard Frey and Wolfgang Stinnesbeck 9. Mexican Saurischian Dinosaurs Hector E. Rivera-Sylva and Kenneth Carpenter 10. The Ornithischian Dinosaurs of Mexico Hector E. Rivera-Sylva and Kenneth Carpenter 11. A Summary of the Mesozoic Vertebrate Tracks of Mexico Victor Manuel Bravo Cuevas and Ruben Rodriguez de la Rosa 12. The Cretaceous-Paleogene (K-Pg) Boundary in Mexico Wolfgang Stinnesbeck and Eberhard Frey Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780253011831 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- This overview of dinosaur discoveries in Mexico synthesizes current information about the geography and environment of the region during the Mesozoic when it was the western margin of the ancient continent of Pangea. The book summarizes research on various groups, including turtles, lepidosauromorphs, pleisosaurs, crocodyliforms, pterosaurs, and last but not least, dinosaurs. In addition, chapters focus on trackways and other trace fossils and on K/P boundary (the Chicxulub crater, beneath the Gulf of Mexico, has been hypothesized as the site of the boloid impact that killed off the dinosaurs). Dinosaurs and Other Reptiles from the Mesozoic of Mexico is an up-to-date, informative volume on an area that has not been comprehensively described until now.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780253011831 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Life of the past
- 9780253011831 (cl : alk. paper)
- 0253011833 (cl : alk. paper)
- 9780253012715 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: