- Women Make Movies ; a film by Sylvia Morales ; written by Anna Nieto-Gomez.
- New York : Women Make Movies, [2005?]
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (23 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Chicana traces the history of Chicana and Mexican women from pre-Columbian times to the present. It covers women's role in Aztec society, their participation in the 1810 struggle for Mexican independence, their involvement in the US labor strikes in 1872, their contributions to the 1910 Mexican revolution and their leadership in contemporary civil rights causes. Using murals, engravings and historical footage, Chicana shows how women, despite their poverty, have become an active and vocal part of the political and work life in both Mexico and the United States.
- Release date
- Production date
- Based on a slide presentation written and created by Anna Nieto-Gomez.
- Originally produced as a documentary film in 1979.
- Production Credits
- Music, Carmen Moreno.
- Narrator, Carmen Zapata.
- DVD format.
- Publisher Number
- W99314 Women Make Movies
Browse related items
Start at call number: