Chemical reactor modeling : multiphase reactive flows
- Hugo A. Jakobsen.
- Second edition.
- Berlin : Springer, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Jakobsen, Hugo A., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Single Phase Flow.- Elementary Kinetic Theory of Gases.- Multiphase Flow.- Flows of Granular Materials.- Interfacial Transport Phenomena Closures.- Chemical Reaction Engineering.- Agitation and Fluid Mixing Technology.- Bubble Column Reactors.- The Population Balance Equation.- Fluidized Bed Reactors.- Packed Bed Reactors.- Numerical Solution Methods.- Experimental Techniques.- Mathematical Theorems.- Equation of Change for Temperature for a Multicomponent System.- Governing Equations for Single Phase Flow.- D Alternative Two-Fluid Model Granular Material Kinetic.- Integral and Constitutive Equations.- Trondheim Bubble Column Model.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319050911 20160613
- Publisher's Summary
- Chemical Reactor Modeling closes the gap between Chemical Reaction Engineering and Fluid Mechanics. The second edition consists of two volumes: Volume 1: Fundamentals. Volume 2: Chemical Engineering Applications In volume 1 most of the fundamental theory is presented. A few numerical model simulation application examples are given to elucidate the link between theory and applications. In volume 2 the chemical reactor equipment to be modeled are described. Several engineering models are introduced and discussed. A survey of the frequently used numerical methods, algorithms and schemes is provided. A few practical engineering applications of the modeling tools are presented and discussed. The working principles of several experimental techniques employed in order to get data for model validation are outlined. The monograph is based on lectures regularly taught in the fourth and fifth years graduate courses in transport phenomena and chemical reactor modeling and in a post graduate course in modern reactor modeling at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering, Trondheim, Norway. The objective of the book is to present the fundamentals of the single-fluid and multi-fluid models for the analysis of single and multiphase reactive flows in chemical reactors with a chemical reactor engineering rather than mathematical bias. Organized into 13 chapters, it combines theoretical aspects and practical applications and covers some of the recent research in several areas of chemical reactor engineering. This book contains a survey of the modern literature in the field of chemical reactor modeling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319050911 20160613
- Publication date
- Previous edition: 2008.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Jakobsen, Hugo A., author. Chemical reactor modeling. Second edition ( 9783319050911 )
- 9783319050928 (electronic bk.)
- 3319050923 (electronic bk.)
- 3319050915 (print)
- 9783319050911 (print)