Routledge handbook of family law and policy
- edited by John Eekelaar and Rob George.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Physical description
- xv, 442 pages ; 26 cm.
- Routledge handbooks.
Law Library (Crown)
|K670 .R69 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Marriage and alternative relationships
- Dissolution of status, death and their consequences
- Parenting and parenthood
- Child welfare, child protection and children's rights
- Discrimination and personal safety
- The role of the state and its institutions
- Globalisation and pluralism.
- Publisher's Summary
- Changes in family structures, demographics, social attitudes and economic policies over the last sixty years have had a large impact on family lives and correspondingly on family law. This book provides global perspectives on the policy challenges facing family law and policy round the world. The chapters apply legal, sociological, demographic and social work research to explore the most significant issues that have been commanding the attention of family law policy-makers in recent years. Featuring contributions from a range of renowned global experts, the book draws on multiple jurisdictions and offers comparative analysis across a range of countries. The book addresses a range of issues including: * the role of the state in supporting families and protecting the vulnerable * children's rights and parental authority * sexual orientation and gender in family law * the status of marriage and other forms of adult relationships * divorce and separation and their consequences * the relationship between civil law and the law of minority groups * assisted conception * movement of family members between jurisdictions This advanced level reference work will be essential reading for students, researchers and scholars of family law and social policy as well as policy makers in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415640404 20160614
- Domestic relations.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Family law and policy
- Routledge handbooks
- 9780415640404 (hardback)
- 0415640407 (hardback)
- 9780203796221 (ebk)
- 0203796225 (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: